Saturday 29 March 2014

Surf Sisters.



I was fortunate enough to get a last minute invite to Tofino with some girlfriends from work. I've never surfed before (played spectator/photog on the Wales trip...if you recall), and was honestly VERY nervous about it.


What a week we had. We went for beach walks, made great meals, hit up the Tofino Brewery, ate too many tacos, and even more mini-eggs. We even attended 'Waylon's 35th Birthday'. Who's Waylon? We weren't certain either.

As for the surfing? Wow. Someone was definitely looking down on us, as the second we set foot in the water, out came the sunshine. We were out there for three and a half hours, and it absolutely flew by. It took me a while to stand up, but the second I got it, what a thrill. The best part about surfing in Tofino is the sand bar. Falling isn't scary when you know there isn't a rock in sight.



We had so many laughs, shared great stories, and truly got to know each other on another level. I'm certain the girls will NEVER look at me in the same light (possible due to 'too much information'), but if you can't be yourself with good friends, when can you?

Am I right Brah? There was a point when we googled, 'What would surfers say?' (youtube video). You should know, 'Brah' wasn't on it. Doesn't matter.

Here is the week in images...

Four nights, four carts. Makes sense?


The view from our patio.






Off to explore...








Group selfie...


Some favourites from the Roy Henry Vickers Gallery.





Buying some hats...


Buying some beer...


The Brahs at the brewery.


Adding to my, "Look at me, I have excellent taste in microbrews. Would you like one?" fridge.


A Taco a day keeps the doctor away (Tacofino... not to be missed!).



Yes, I'm wearing a different outfit in this one. I told you, a taco a day...


Suiting up.


Amy teaches me how to surf...on the deck...without a board.







Sick sunset Brah!



Tour de Tofino...


A Maple Bacon and Rosie's Jelly Doughnut from the Rhino Cafe.





Evenings in...





Evenings out...


Waylon's 35th... still not certain who Waylon is.






Oh, hey....









Obligatory jumping shots....because we think we're hilarious (scroll down about 10 photos if you don't agree- we'll understand).











What an amazing four days. 

I will leave you with one final image from our week, to give you some hope, that miracles 
do come true...







No comments:

Post a Comment