Wednesday 16 July 2014

Baba Ghanouj

An ex-boyfriend and I used to make Baba Ghanouj quite frequently. We'd make it whenever we were feeling uninspired to cook, and just felt like a 'picky' (as I call it) dinner. This usually consisted of meats, cheeses, pita, or naan bread, veggies, and various dips. In otherwise, a great summer meal.

Last night, I was craving it. I don't think I've made it since 'the divorce'. Luckily I found a simple recipe in one of my cookbooks.





2 medium eggplants

1/4 Cup Tahini (sesame seed paste)

2 garlic cloves crushed

2 Tbsp Lemon juice

1 tsp salt, or to taste

A Drizzle of olive oil

1) Preheat oven to 450 F

2) Place whole eggplants on a baking dish and roast for 45 mins to an hour, turning once. The skin should be charred, and the eggplant should be soft. Set aside to cool (I threw them into the freezer to speed up the process)

3) Scoop out the flesh, and combine with the tahini, lemon juice, crushed garlic, and salt. You may blend it in a food processor at this point if you want it to be smooth, or leave as is. To thin it out, add a little more lemon juice, or water.

4) Transfer to a bowl, drizzle with olive oil and serve with pita, naan bread, or veggies.

Makes about 3 Cups



Let me know what you think.




No comments:

Post a Comment