Thursday 7 August 2014

Greenwich.



So, this is fun...

I was cleaning out my photos when I found a London adventure that was never documented. Don't get me wrong, there are some sneaky little secrets I don't put on the blog, but this wasn't one of them.


On one of my last few days in the city, my cousin Angela met me in Greenwich, one her favourite parts of London. Yes, as in 'Greenwich Mean time' or GMT. This is the official time during the British winter. During the summer months, they use British Standard time (BST). GMT originally stood for the mean solar time at the Royal Observatory in Greenwich.

Angela moved to Greenwich during her early London days to work as a nanny. This is an entirely separate story in itself. Buy her a pint and ask her about it sometime, it's right out of The Nanny Diaries. Seriously brutal.

Greenwich is very picturesque, and I hope the next time I'm in London, I have a chance to go back. We strolled through the market, checked out the view from the Observatory, walked through the rose gardens, and even made it over to Blackheath for a pub lunch. We finished our afternoon with a glass of prosecco along the Thames.

Here are a few photos from our day...

























No comments:

Post a Comment